Your Photo Booth Business
by adding a DSLR
Whether you’re just beginning your photo booth journey or have a few booths under your belt already, you can definitely benefit from adding a DSLR to your offering.
What is a DSLR Camera?
A DSLR (or Digital Single Lens Reflex camera) is a digital camera with interchangeable lenses and various modes and functions to create high-end, professional photos and videos.
These days, mirrorless cameras are also a popular choice for photographers. They are similar to DSLR cameras but do not have a reflex mirror (in a DSLR, the reflex mirror bounces the light to either the sensor or optical viewfinder). Instead, the light passes through the camera and directly into the digital sensor.
Mirrorless cameras tend to be more lightweight and make less noise than DSLR cameras. So when deciding what camera to purchase for your booth, you can consider both options.
Why should you add a DSLR to your Photo Booth?
• Your photos and videos look more professional
DSLRs have larger sensors than other cameras, allowing the lens to capture more light. This means sharper, crisper images that are more professional-looking.
• Make more money
A high-end product means that you can charge premium prices.
• Excellent quality means better referrals
Whoever attends your event and sees the impressive photo booth output will definitely want to grab a business card from you. This will lead to more interest in your booth and more paid events. Don’t underestimate the power of word-of-mouth!
• Target bigger, corporate clients
You can create some eye-catching brand activations with a DSLR booth. Use branded overlays (animated or static) to highlight the company and make some memorable photo or video activations.
• Take your 360 booth videos to the next level
Using a DSLR for your 360 booth will result in professionally-shot, crisp-looking videos that will get people talking!
iOS vs. Windows: Which is better for a DSLR booth?
Now that you’ve decided to level up your booth and add a DSLR to your offerings, you’ll need to choose a photo booth software.
What makes the decision even harder is that you have two different platforms to consider: iOS or Windows.
- A stable, more reliable platform.
- Super user-friendly.
- Automatic updates (that you can set to do at a convenient time).
- iPads and iPhones are portable and lightweight.
- The booth setup is simple and sleek.
- The devices are more expensive
- The devices are cheaper
- Windows devices need constant updates.
- You have to make sure all updates are done before your event, or you risk it updating during your event, rendering the device useless for that period.
- Windows-based photo booth apps are generally difficult to use and take a long time to master.
- If you have to use a Windows machine, they are usually big and bulky.
iOS devices are the future of the photo booth industry. Old Windows-based systems are becoming outdated and cause more headaches than they’re worth.
You don’t want to have to call out an IT guy every time something goes wrong with Windows. And you definitely don’t want to deal with that blue screen of death.
When starting your photo booth business, the best choice you could make is choosing an iPad booth. Though the initial costs are more, you will have a smoother journey in the long run.
The iOS-based photo booth apps have also surpassed Windows-based apps in terms of features, stability, and ease of use.
If you’re looking for an industry-leading iOS photo booth software to start your journey, try out Snappic. They have some fantastic features that will help you stand out from the competition, plus a 24-hour support team will walk you through every step from setup to running your events.
What is a DSLR Camera?
Now that you’ve decided to take the leap and create your iPad-based photo booth business, you’ll want to look at possibly adding a DSLR to your booth offerings.
Here are a few things you need to turn your iPad booth into a DSLR booth:
- An iPad – the latest devices are recommended for your photo booth to ensure you have the best output.
- A Booth – many manufacturers are making sturdy photo booths currently. Look for one that houses both an iPad and a DSLR.
- The Correct Cables – ensure that you have an adapter and the camera cable to connect the DSLR directly to the iPad.
- Lighting – Proper lighting will make a world of difference in creating professional-looking photos and videos.
- The Best Software – as we mentioned before, Snappic is the best option when running an iOS-based photo booth. They have direct DSLR integration and a ton of fantastic features to use.
So what are you waiting for?
Adding a DSLR to your booth has never been easier, and it will allow you to take your photo booth business to the next level!